|11111 Wayne Road Romulus, Michigan 48174
|Business Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Maria Lambert, Director
The City of Romulus has limited funding to rehabilitate the housing stock in our City for qualifying low to moderate-income households. These funds may be used to bring homes up to Housing Quality Standards, which may include code violations. The homes must be owner occupied and you must have lived in them for at least one year.
Please note that this is a no interest, deferred loan program and repayment will be required when the home is sold or ownership is transferred. Please note that the City’s policy is that we will not subordinate rehabilitation liens unless you can prove severe hardship.)
To qualify for this program, please submit the following information along with the completed application (found here) to the Romulus Economic Development office located at 11111 Wayne Road, Romulus, MI 48174 for review:
- Verification of Household Income (all members of your household over 16 - W2's/Tax Returns/Statements from Social Security and last two pay stubs.)
- Verification of Home Ownership (copy of your recorded deed)
- Verification that your Homeowner Insurance is current (policy number/exp.)
- Verification that Taxes and Water Bill are current.
- A photograph of your house if it is 50 years old or older.
For more information please contact Maria Lambert, CDBG Coordinator at (734) 955-4533, or Merrie Druyor at (734) 955-4531.