Sergeant Roger Salwa email@example.com
RECORDS BUREAU NO LONGER ACCEPTS CASH
ONLY CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS, CASHIER'S CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED
MAIN PHONE NUMBER: 734-955-8821
FAX NUMBER: 734-941-3251
BUSINESS HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
The Records Bureau of the Romulus Police Department is currently staffed by two civilian records specialists and the Administrative Sergeant that handle duties ranging from greeting citizens at the front desk to satisfying requests for FOIA’s and police records.
Regular business hours for the Records Bureau are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Following is a listing of duties carried out by the Records Bureau, associated costs and times that the specific duties are handled.
- Copies of Reports:
- Police reports are $18.00 per report.
- Citizens may purchase copies of accident reports online at: https://payments.clemis.org/extservices/Crash/CrashIntro.aspx
- Handgun Purchase Permits/Registrations:
- 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Proof of citizenship is required. Notary fee applies.
- It is no longer required to bring your weapon in for inspection
- Pistol sales permits can be turned in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Concealed Weapons Permits:
- Obtain a CPL packet at any Police Department, Sheriff Department, or County Clerks office. A complete CPL process may take 3-6 months.
- During normal business hours with a charge of $20.00 per person for Romulus residents and $30.00 for non-residents.
- In an effort to enhance our service delivery to residents and clients of the City of Romulus, the Romulus Police Department has instituted a program to perform Applicant Livescan Fingerprints. The fingerprints will be taken with our Livescan printing system and transmitted to the appropriate resources digitally
- The cost will be $70.00 and will be administered in the Records Bureau from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Records Bureau.
- Personal Protection Orders:
- Obtained from Coleman A. Young building in Downtown Detroit.
- Criminal background checks:
- Come into the Police Department with a driver's license or state I.D. We will check to see if you've ever been arrested by the Romulus Police and will provide you with a letter stating the results. There is a $10 per person charge for this service. If you need a more extensive search, please contact the Michigan State Police.
- Freedom of Information Act Requests
The Records Bureau can be reached at 734-955-8821.