2020 Election Dates to Remember:
Presidential Primary Election - March 10, 2020
Primary Election - August 4, 2020
General Election - November 3, 2020
THE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY ELECTION WILL BE HELD IN THE CITY OF ROMULUS ON
TUESDAY, MARCH 10, 2020.
THE POLLS OPEN AT 7:00 A.M. AND CLOSE AT 8:00 P.M.
FOR A SAMPLE BALLOT click here
Michigan Election Law (MCL 168.615c) requires that voters indicate in writing which political party ballot they wish to vote. This requirement only applies to Presidential Primary elections, and voters will not be required to select a political party ballot type at other types of elections.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS REGARDING THE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY
EXTENDED HOURS FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY ELECTION:
The City Clerk’s office will be open extended hours/day to issue and/or receive absent voter ballots for the March 10, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. (MCL 761b)
Friday, March 6th 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 7th 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday, March 9th 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
VOTER REGISTRATION RIGHTS AND DEADLINES Click here
VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION
ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION
MILITARY AND OVERSEAS CIVILIAN ELECTION INFORMATION /
Michigan Election and Voter Information
A GUIDE TO VOTER ID /AFFIDAVIT AT THE POLLS
[Video] MICHIGAN VOTER EDUCATION GUIDE FOR VOTING:
APPLY TO BE AN ELECTION INSPECTOR Click here
REGISTER TO VOTE
For more information on eligibility and registration, view our Voter Registration FAQ.
Change Your Registration Address
Using your Michigan Drivers License Number or Personal ID number, you can change your registration address at www.expresssos.com
Register to Vote by Mail
You can register to vote by mailing in the following application:
- Michigan Voter Registration Application (PDF) - You can use this form to register to vote in Michigan or to change your name or address on your voter registration.
- Solicitud de Inscripción de Votantes de Estado de Michigan (PDF) - Usted puede usar esta forma para inscribirse para votar en Michigan o cambiar su nombre o direccion en su inscripción para votar.
You can register to vote in person at any of the following places at the Clerk’s office or any Secretary of State office.
ABSENTEE BALLOT VOTING – “No Reason AV Voting”
With the passage of Proposal 18-3 in November of 2018, ALL eligible registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot WITHOUT providing a reason. When registering to vote, you may also apply for an absent voter ballot at the same time.
Applications for Absentee Ballots will be available 75 days before an election. Please click here to request an Absentee Ballot Application .
ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION Click here - https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/AVApp_535884_7.pdf
Applications must be printed, signed, and returned to the Clerk's Office. They can be mailed, scanned, faxed, and dropped off at our office or our secure drop box located in front of City Hall.
For more information on Absentee Ballot Voting, click here: https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716_8728-21037--,00.html
PERMANENT AV BALLOT LIST
The Clerk’s office maintains a Permanent Absentee Voter List for registered voters who are interested in automatically receiving an AV ballot application prior to any election scheduled in Romulus. You only need to apply once. If you are already on the Permanent AV List, no need to re-apply.
To be added to our Permanent AV Ballot Application List to automatically receive an Absentee APPLICATION for every election or you can call 734-955-4541 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- You will remain on the list unless you change your registration address, your voter registration is cancelled, or you request to be removed from the permanent list.
- Being placed on the PAL assures that you will automatically receive, by mail, an AV Application prior to each election.
- An application for an absentee ballot must be received before a ballot can be issued.
- If you wish to vote in person at the precinct and on the automatic AV ballot application list, simply disregard the application and don’t return it to the clerk’s office.
ATTENTION COLLEGE STUDENTS:
Students have a choice about where to register to vote.
Students attending college may register at their campus address or choose to remain registered or register at their permanent or home address.
You may only be registered and vote in one location.
Click here to register online: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/RegisterVoter
USEFUL ELECTION RESOURCES: LINKS
- Student Voters Guide: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/student-voting-guide/
- Voting in College – Common FAQs: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/voting-in-college/
- State-by-State Voter Registration Guide: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/voting-by-state/
- Campus Voter Project https://www.campusvoteproject.org/stateguides/Michigan
- League of Women Voters of Michigan https://lwvmi.org/voting/voting-collegeStudents.html
Romulus City Clerk – Elections
11111 Wayne Road
Romulus, MI 48174