NOVEMBER 2018 ELECTION SUMMARY RESULTS
2018 Election Schedule
Elimination of Straight-Ticket Voting
On September 6, 2018, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals issued an order staying the lower court’s order in the straight party case. This means that the option to vote straight party will NOT appear on the November ballot.
November 6, 2018 State General
- Last day to register to vote in the 2018 General - October 9, 2018
- Last day to request an absentee ballot by mail - November 3, 2018
- Last day to request an absentee ballot in person - November 5, 2018
- Ballot Marking Instructions (Click here) and (Click here)
- Where do I vote? (attached precinct map)
- Am I registered? Check Registration Status https://vote.michigan.gov/MVIC/
- SAMPLE BALLOT FOR NOVEMBER 6, 2018 ELECTION (Click here)
- Election Inspectors - The City of Romulus is always looking for good Election Inspectors. You must be at least 18 years old and be a qualified and registered elector of the State of Michigan. Inspectors are allowed to serve in a community other than their own. If you are interested, click here for an application and turn-in to the City Clerk’s Office.
Michigan Voter Information Center
The Michigan Department of State's Bureau of Elections is pleased to announce the release of the enhanced MVIC website. Voters can now see if they are registered, the location of their precinct and track your absentee ballot...
Click here to visit the Web Voter Information Center.
- Absentee ballot voting is available to all registered voters who meet one of the following requirements:
- Age 60 years old or older
- Unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- Expecting to be out of town on Election Day
- In jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- Unable to attend the pools due to religious reasons
- Appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence
- Download an absent voter ballot application - Fillable Version (Click here)
- Download an absent voter ballot application - Spanish/Español Version (Click here)
- Download an absent voter ballot application - Large Print Version (Click here)
- Click here to locate your clerk then send your absent voter ballot application to that office (Click here)
- NOTE: Residents who wish to obtain an absentee ballot in person must show photo I.D.
- FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: A "Drop-Box" is available for AV ballot and applications. The dropbox is located on the curbside in front of City Hall.
- Michigan driver's license or State ID card. (Current or expired)
- Driver’s license or personal ID card issued by another state (Current)
- Federal or state government-issued photo ID
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
- Student photo ID from a high school or an accredited college or university.
- Tribal photo ID
Are you registered to vote? Michigan election law states that you must be registered to vote 30 days prior to an election. Applicants must be at least 18 years old by Election Day and be U.S. citizens. Applicants must also be residents of Michigan and of the city or township in which they wish to register.
To register, contact or visit the City Clerk's Office, any Secretary of State Branch Office or download a mail-in Voter Registration Application Form and return or mail-in to:
Romulus City Clerk – Election
11111 Wayne Road
Romulus, MI 4817
First-time voters who register by mail must vote in person in their first election, unless registered in person with the local Clerk or Secretary of State. This does not apply to persons 60 years of age or older.
Students: please be aware that you can no longer use your college address on one (driver's license) if the other (voter registration) reflects your local residence; the addresses must match.
Campaigning at the polls pursuant to Michigan Election Law, all campaigning on Election Day must be at least 100 feet from any doorway used by voters to enter the polling place. Campaign buttons, hats, clothing with candidate names or campaign slogans, must be covered or removed when entering the polling place.
PERMANENT ABSENTEE VOTER LIST (PAL)
Click here for an application.
Romulus City Clerk – Elections
11111 Wayne Road
Romulus, MI 48174