- Community Services
- Parks & Recreation
- Park Rental Information
Park Rental Information
The Parks and Recreation Department rents out five different parks, plus two baseball fields, and two dog parks. Call 734-942-7545 to check on the availability of Romulus parks. An application will need to be filled out at the Community Development Department located at the Romulus City Hall. You can also download the application and send it to email@example.com. The Parks and Recreation Department recommends viewing the parks before coming in and making a payment.
Park Rental Application
2023 Park Rental Application (PDF)
Park Rental Prices
- Deposit $25
- Elmer Johnson Park Pavilion Rental Only $100
- Elmer Johnson Pavilion and Baseball Field B $180
- Elmer Johnson Baseball Field Only $80
- Mary Ann Banks Pavilion (Bathrooms) $125
- Historical Park Pavilion $100
- St. John's Number 44 Park $100
- St. John's Pavilion and Baseball Field $180
- St. John's Baseball Field Only $80
- Fernandez Park Pavilion $100
- Non-Resident Additional Fee $25
Private Use / Special Event
- Elmer Johnson's Dog Park $80
- Oakbrook Dog Park $80
Pavilion Rental Rules and Regulations
We are pleased to have you use our pavilion. In order to maintain this facility as a clean and attractive place, we need your cooperation regarding the following rules and regulations:
- Based on availability, the pavilion may be rented from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- The City shall retain the right to refuse entry or dismiss from the pavilion/park anyone not in accordance with pavilion/park rules. If the Renter fails to adhere to the rules set forth in the Rental Agreement, the City through its representative reserves the rights to disband the event.
- Premises MUST be vacated at the specified time agreed upon or your security deposit is forfeited.
- Groups will set up their own equipment, tables, chairs, etc. and are responsible for returning the equipment moved back to its original position at the end of program, unless arrangements are made with the City.
- All groups are responsible for damages and losses occurred during stay.
- The Renter and their participants shall not possess, distribute, or sell any alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages, Drugs, or non-prescribed medication will not be allowed in any city park.
- No thumbtacks, push pins, staplers, nails or adhesives of any kind may be used to affix anything to the posts or floors.
- Glitter, confetti or other similar substances may not be used.
- Parking will be confined to designated parking area only.
- Band or DJ music may not exceed “acceptable” noise level; City representative is solely responsible for determining acceptable level. The City of Romulus may control music volume if necessary.
- Light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc. are never to be removed or tampered with.
- No person under the age of 18 may be left unsupervised in the pavilion. Adult supervision is required at all times.
- Renter is responsible for bringing in and removing all personal items during their arranged rental period. If you fail to leave at the agreed upon time, your security deposit will be forfeited. Any items left behind will be discarded.
- All trash items must be bagged and tied closed. If rental is at Elmer Johnsons, all trash bags must be put in dumpster.
- Activities allowed on the premise are limited to family oriented events. No adult entertainment, bachelor or bachelorette parties are permitted.
- Any damages to the pavilion during event, including any picnic tables that are not deemed by the City to be a “normal wear” damage item will be charged to the Renter at replacement cost. If Renter notices any damage before or during event the Renter must bring it to the City representative’s attention immediately.
- Any and all damage to the pavilion during rental time will be the responsibility of the renter.
- Individuals and groups using this pavilion shall abide by all local, state and federal ordinances, laws and statutes. Violations will include forfeiture of deposit, prosecution and prevention of future use of City of Romulus facilities.