The Romulus Department of Human Resources is responsible for recruitment and hiring functions for the City, assisting with policy development and distribution, compensation and labor relations, and benefit's management for current and retired City of Romulus employees.
The Department accepts employment applications at all times. If you are interested in employment with the City of Romulus, please complete an employment application and mail, hand-deliver, or email to the Human Resources Department. Applications are kept on file for one year.
In addition to these hiring responsibilities, the Romulus Department of Human Resources is also generally responsible for:
- Administering Worker's Compensation for City employees.
- Administering Health, Dental, Optical, and Life Insurance, and other contractual benefits for City employees and City retirees.
- Administration of COBRA and unemployment benefits.
- Assisting City Directors and supervisors with employee relations and with the processing of union grievances.
- Maintenance of employee personnel files.
- The negotiation, administration, and implementation of the collective bargaining agreements with each of the City's Union.
- Other Personnel duties, including such services as may be requested by the Mayor and City Council.